Biochemist with Oncology Expertise (CDI, PhD Preferred)
Are you looking to make unprecedented impact through your work? This position is for people willing to build the future of drug discovery and help patients
Biochemist with Oncology Expertise (CDI, PhD Preferred)
At Kantify, our mission is dedicated to leveraging artificial intelligence for the betterment of human health. As a pioneering "techbio" company, we are deeply committed to creating a positive societal impact. To fulfill this commitment, we've developed an innovative technology known as Zeptomics.
Zeptomics stands as a breakthrough AI-powered platform designed to expedite the discovery of safer cures for patients in need, accomplishing this task at an unprecedented pace and record-breaking performance. In essence, Zeptomics is a next generation small molecule discovery platform. Our primary focus lies in addressing rare diseases and cancer, as these are areas where patients and their families are in urgent need. Over the past few months, we've obtained exciting wet lab validations affirming the efficacy of Zeptomics. The velocity of our progress directly correlates with the speed at which patients will be able access our groundbreaking drugs. This brings us to the purpose of this position - to welcome our first wet lab colleague.
Through your invaluable contributions, you will play a pivotal role in bridging the gap between theoretical advancements and practical applications, ensuring that our in silico predicted molecules are validated in vitro through the necessary experiments. We invite you to be a part of our journey, contributing to the acceleration of drug discovery and, ultimately, making a lasting impact on the lives of those in need. If you are willing to participate in a unique scientific journey, committed to the highest level of excellence, and ready to be part of a new deal for medical research, you may be our future colleague.
Kantify is a leading AI company at the forefront of cutting-edge advancements in the field of AI, biochemistry and drug discovery. Our dedicated team is committed to driving innovation and making significant contributions to the field. As we continue to expand our operations, we are seeking a talented and highly motivated individual to join our team as a Biochemist with Oncology Expertise. We operate remotely. Our team is distributed across France and Belgium.
Our values are Diversity, Excellence, Curiosity, and Reliability. Most of us are experts in Machine Learning, and some of us also hold a Masters or PhD in biomedical science or chemistry.
- We are looking for an experienced biochemist with a strong background in oncology to contribute to our research initiatives. The ideal candidate will possess a Ph.D. in biochemistry or a related field and will play a key role in conducting wet lab testing, focusing on techniques such as PCR, Western blotting, and cell culture, as well as contributing to the development of patents and publications.
- The position is based in Gosselies, Charleroi Biopark. You will be the first Kantify envoy to a vibrant ecosystem of biotech companies where Kantify will initiate its wet lab activities.
Wet Lab Testing
Design, plan, and execute wet lab experiments related to oncology research. Perform a variety of biochemical and molecular biology techniques, including but not limited to Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR), Western blotting, immunoprecipitation, Fluorescence-based Assays, and cell culture, to generate high-quality data.
- Cultivate and maintain various cell lines relevant to oncology research.
- Optimize and troubleshoot cell culture conditions to ensure robust and reproducible results.
- Conduct experiments involving cell-based assays, such as proliferation assays, apoptosis assays, and drug sensitivity assays.
- Implement aseptic techniques for the handling and manipulation of cell cultures to prevent contamination.
- Collaborate with team members to explore novel approaches and technologies in cell culture for advancing oncology research.
- Analyze experimental results and troubleshoot technical issues as they arise. Oncology Patents and Publications:
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to contribute to the development of oncology-related patents.
- Participate in the drafting and submission of research findings for publication in peer-reviewed journals.
- Stay abreast of the latest advancements in oncology research and integrate new knowledge into ongoing projects.
Collaboration and Teamwork:
- Work closely with interdisciplinary teams to share insights, coordinate efforts, and achieve project goals.
- Collaborate with external partners and experts in the field to enhance research capabilities.
- Ph.D. in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, or a related field.
- Proven expertise in oncology research with a focus on wet lab techniques, including PCR, Western blotting, immunoprecipitation, Fluorescence-based Assays and cell culture
- Experience in running siRNA and/or CRISPRCas9 assays for target validation would be a clear asset.
- Track record of contributing to patents and/or publications in the field of oncology.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Effective communication and collaboration abilities.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their resume, cover letter, and a list of relevant publications to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Please include "Biochemist with Oncology Expertise Application" in the subject line. The application deadline is 30/01/2024.
Kantify is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.